Re: Logging Information

Hello,
 I am exploring ideas for clients in cloud to be able to implement functions
where there could verify the services offered by the cloud provider like
metering services.

Idea is I am using the concept of write execute protection scheme. And also I
am using TamperEvident Log. I am making use of WP bit to protect pagetable
entries so that any modifications is captured in the log. Code pages of the
log are also read only and hence any modifications to it is also captured.

My questions are:
What are the important events that one needs to log so that one could have
reasonable overhead? Currently, I have large overhead since any update to
page table/modifications creates a trap and in cloud, this is huge.

How can one create tamperevident logging mechanism? How could client and the
provider verify that each events are logged as intended without a miss.

How can one create a logging mechanism (say per client basis). In that case,
if required we could replay the log so that we could capture the malicious
event.