    From: Avi Kivity

    Date: 2009/2/4
    Subject: Re: Accessing guest memory from the host
    To: Gioacchino Mendola <gioacchino.mendola@xxxxxxxxx>

    Gioacchino Mendola wrote:

        I would like,
        with security in mind (see lkcd.sourceforge.net),
        to be able to access guest -kernel- memory content from the host
        (x86_64 Intel VT).

        As far as I know on x86 you can only r/w access memory if you can map
        it with the pagetables
        (i.e. no direct physical addressing is possible).

        If I am correct, I need some "sort" of pagetable mapping/translation
        and I hope to be able to find some (even just partially)
        useful function inside kvm/qemu.

    You can read any memory you like from withing qemu with
    cpu_physical_memory_read(), without touching page tables at all.