Re: Ubuntu

Am 12.11.2009 um 01:34 schrieb Benjamin Herrenschmidt <benh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx >:

Hoy !

So it seems to be making fwd progress in fact in the karmic installer,
but it's -extremely- slow. Not sure what's up yet, haven't had a chance
to really instrument it yet.

Let me know if you want to toy with it. Basically, what I do to get
debug is that I take the initrd out of the ISO, and I run with:

./qemu-system-ppc [-enable-kvm ... or not] -cdrom <path_to_the_iso>
-boot order=d -m 512 -initrd=<path to their initrd copied to your disk>
-kernel <path to a kernel to test with so you can add debug etc...>
-append "file=/cdrom/preseed/ubuntu.seed debug="

In a few places it looks stuck, but it's just terribly slow. However
it's not using much CPU on the host, seems to be sleeping mostly. Could
be something wrong with decrementer emulation ?

Oh, right. At one point in time something wrt interrupts broke, so you'll see that it's waiting for a dma request.

Boy how I hate this whole qdev conversion.

Alex

Cheers,
Ben.