RE: cross-compiling flags?

On Thu, 2008-11-06 at 15:44 +0800, Liu Yu wrote:

> > When I cross-compile qemu, it's using the cross-toolchain
> > glibc headers. Since
> > my toolchain is from crosstool, those headers are
> > at
> > /opt/crosstool/gcc-3.4.5-glibc-2.3.6/powerpc-440-linux-gnu/pow
> > erpc-440-linux-gnu
>
> Yes, me too.
>

> > > In my case, the libc headers are already appointed to a
> > > toolchain-combined version in LTIB(assume you know it).
> > > But zlib.h is not existing so I had to use qemu-cflag to
> > appoint another
> > > dir
> >
> > If your zlib headers are mixed in with the target libc
> > headers, then why do
> > you need any -I at all?
>
> The zlib headers are mixed in powerpc local libc headers not the toolchain cross libc headers.
> And it seems the local libc headers is unfit for cross building.

Since I'm not familiar with LTIB, I chatted with Kumar Gala about this
briefly, and he suggested that you post your issue to the internal
Freescale LTIB list.

My understanding is that you have a special directory for target
headers, which is used by the cross toolchain. Without understanding the
details, my suggestion would be to build a second copy of zlib from
source, and configure it with --prefix=/target/specific/directory.

--
Hollis Blanchard
IBM Linux Technology Center