Patch to increase the number of tlb entries a guest uses

Hi Scott,
I just discussed with Hollis about shadow tlb management in the hypervisor and he mentioned that you already have a patch that lets the guest use more tlb entries than it would have on bare metal hardware and therefore allow to handle more tlb misses in the host because the shadow tlb already holds that information.

It would be nice if you could provide me and the kvmppc community that patch, because I wanted to modify our tlb handling a bit. If it would be easy enough I would like to test that with a different number of guest tlb entries too to see how big the impact of such a change would be to our shadow tlb management.

--

Grüsse / regards, Christian Ehrhardt
IBM Linux Technology Center, Open Virtualization