Re: switching from KVM guest to the host .... TLBs not present?

Avi Kivity wrote:
Applied, but I note that entering the guest with any lock held is problematic, as the guest may spend an arbitrary amount of time in guest mode. Really, entering the guest is almost exactly like exiting to userspace.

Thanks Avi,

I did wonder about this as I noticed x86_64 doesn't hold the lock while
entering a guest. I'll have a look - seems like it could be the reason
why I get hit by lockdep timeouts when running larger guests on ia64.

Cheers,
Jes