Re: switching from KVM guest to the host .... TLBs not present?

Zhang, Xiantao wrote:
Jes Sorensen wrote:
Zhang, Xiantao wrote:
Yeah, that is very strange! I will check it tomorrow, and have to
sleep now :-) Xiantao
Hi Xiantao,

I think I got it!

We were calling local_irqs_disable() before calling down_read(), but
down_read() can sleep and so may return with local interrupts
re-enabled.....

I have reordered things so now we should be safe.

How does this patch look to you?

Good catch! That should be root-cause. The patch seems good! Thanks!
Acked-by: Xiantao Zhang <xiantao.zhang@xxxxxxxxx>

Avi, Please queue it as the fix of 2.6.30. Thanks!

Applied, but I note that entering the guest with any lock held is problematic, as the guest may spend an arbitrary amount of time in guest mode. Really, entering the guest is almost exactly like exiting to userspace.