Re: [patch] remove vcpu_info array v5

On Tue, Nov 4, 2008 at 12:40 PM, Avi Kivity <avi@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Glauber Costa wrote:
>>>
>>> There are simpler data structures.  An example is an array.  Since we
>>> have
>>> an upper limit on the number of cpus (->max_cpus) there are no issues
>>> with
>>> scaling (unlike with the algorithm above).
>>>

>> Yes, but I believe the whole point of jes patches is to remove those
>> limits.
>>

> So we could linear search huge lists?  Or code hashes where arrays would do?
>  No, sir.
>
> An array of pointers statically sized at MAX_CPUS is fine.  If you insist,
> you can realloc() it on demand.

Yes, I agree. having MAX_CPUS is fine, and if we need to, we can increase that.
but again: then the direction of the flow is better be have qemu to
use a env array,
and then we can use the same method for kvm.

--
Glauber  Costa.
"Free as in Freedom"

"The less confident you are, the more serious you have to act."