Re: [patch] v4 - fold struct vcpu_info into CPUState

Jes Sorensen wrote:
Hi,

Here's an updated version of the patch. It should fix the problems
Hollis ran into, and also compile on x86_64 again :-)

I managed to get rid of all the runtime use of qemu_kvm_cpu_env(),
except for the hotplug code. But I think it's reasonable to do the
walk of the linked list in that case. However, the more I have looked
at this, the more obvious to me it becomes that it is right<tm> to
expose struct CPUState to libkvm, and avoid passing around int vcpu.

Comments and test reports very welcome!

FWIW, vcpu_info seems to have nothing to do with KVM. It's entirely build around the IO thread. The IO thread really isn't KVM specific.

I would just stick these fields in CPU_COMMON unconditionally if you're going to move them at all.

Regards,

Anthony Liguori

Cheers,
Jes