RE: kvm/ia64 TODO List. (Draft).

Jes Sorensen wrote:
> Zhang, Xiantao wrote:
>> It is versy strange! We didn't meet this issue at our side.  Maybe
>> it is caused by old PAL.  Which version is the machine's PAL?
>
> Hi Xiantao,
>
> This is the output from the host:
>
> [root@mustafa ~]# cat /proc/pal/cpu0/version_info
> PAL_vendor : 0xff (min=0xff)
> PAL_A      : 01.08 (min=01.03)
> PAL_B      : 01.14 (min=01.00)

The same dump info as following from my box. Seems your machine are
using the very old PAL which can't support VT-I friendly.  Maybe you
need to upgrade it and try it again :)
[root@vti-xiantao ~]# cat /proc/pal/cpu0/version_info
PAL_vendor : 0xff (min=0xff)
PAL_A      : 07.46 (min=07.00)
PAL_B      : 09.68 (min=05.00)

>>> Otherwise I'd like to focus work on qemu and scalability, something
>>> we really need, but which is also shared with x86.
>> Agree. We really need effort to identify such tasks and work on them.
>> Do you have some proposals on this area? :)
> There's a lot to do really, first priority is to get qemu and qemu-kvm
> in sync. Then we need to look at making it more scalable for when
> running on larger systems with many I/O devices presented to the
> guest. I should have the hardware to work on that though, at some
> point :-)
Yes.  We do need to catch up some new features with x86 side in
userspace. Hope your machine to work well with VT-I after you upgrading
the PAL . You know, we still have a lot of work to do for getting a
production-level's kvm, and so we expect more hands to join the
development and contribute on it.
Xiantao