Re: KVM userspace GICv2 IRQ controller on platform with GICv3

On 04.10.21 17:48, Marc Zyngier wrote:
On Mon, 04 Oct 2021 15:15:25 +0100,
Lukas Jünger <lukas.juenger@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Please consider subscribing to kvmarm instead of posting as a
non-subscriber. It forces me to manually allow each and every email
you reply to, which gets tiring in the long run.

So either you run something that is pretty old and buggy (and I'd like
to know what), or you have uncovered a bug and I would need you to
trace when vgic_sre gets set.
Okay. I'm running on N1-SDP with the latest release 2021.05.26.
uname -a gives:

Linux n1sdp 5.10.12+ #1 SMP Fri Oct 1 11:50:05 UTC 2021 aarch64
aarch64 aarch64 GNU/Linux

Is there a way to debug this without a hardware debugger/JTAG?
Sure, you can always hack the kernel (I assume you know how to boot a
fresh kernel). Put some traces in vgic_v3_enable(), and find out why
vgic_sre is non-zero.

I put a dump_stack() in vgic_v3_enable(), but it doesn't trigger.
From the outside it looks like the function is not called.
I'm not sure how to proceed without JTAG.

Thanks,

	M.
BR,
Lukas