Re: Status of live migration on ARMv7

On Tue, 14 Jun 2016 22:52:41 +0200
<ib10evp0@xxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hi Marc,
>
> > Everything that's needed for a typical ARMv7 is already in mainline,
> > both for the kernel and qemu. And since the code is almost entirely
> > shared with ARMv8, it is probably in the same state. If it not working,
> > then it is a bug that should be addressed.
> >
> > > BTW: The Migration page [3] claims the migration feature is hardware
> > > independent but it remains unclear if this expands to CPU
> > > architectures and if this applies to live migration or only offline
> > > migration. Some clarification in this regard would be nice to have.
> >
> > We do have support for live migration (migrating the VM whilst it is
> > still running, tracking memory that gets dirtied).
>
> After reading this it's still not entirely clear to me if live migration using
> your definition is also available for ARMv7 in the mainline kernel. Could you
> confirm this with one sentence, please? Sorry for the inconvenience.

I know it is available because I did review the code. Look for commits

7276030 KVM: arm/arm64: Enable Dirty Page logging for ARMv8
15a49a4 KVM: arm: page logging 2nd stage fault handling
53c810c KVM: arm: dirty logging write protect support
c647355 KVM: arm: Add initial dirty page locking support

as well as the generic infrastructure that precede them.

	M.
--
Jazz is not dead. It just smells funny.