Re: [RFC] GIC/IRQ related patches

[Adding Victor and Paul to the CC list, so they know what's going on]

On 20/06/14 10:38, Marc Zyngier wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
> Over the past few weeks/months, we've seen a flurry of GIC or IRQ
> related patches, and I can safely predict more to come:
>
> - New HW support [GICv3 host support, me][GICv3 guest support, Andre]
> - Refactoring [cleanups, Christoffer][vgic-dyn, me]
> - New features [irqfd support, Eric][VFIO platform, Antonios]
>                [VFIO PCI, Will][direct IRQ EOI, me]
>
> This is starting to give me a bit of a headache, and I'd like to
> organise things a bit more - there are obvious overlaps between the
> various bits, and I'd like everyone to understand what everyone is doing.
>
> Can we discuss this, either on the list or over a call?

So we had a call to talk about the above. Were present:
- Eric Auger
- Christoffer Dall
- Will Deacon
- Andre Przywara
- Marc Zyngier

Bits that we're trying to merge for 3.17:
- GICv3 host support
- Big Endian support
- Christoffer's cleanup series (pending additional review)

Other than the above, we have two lines of ongoing development:
- GICv3 guest support, with the dynamic vgic patches as a dependency
- VFIO support, with at least irq forwarding and irqfd as a dependency

Actions:
- Marc to prepare a branch with GICv3 and Victor's BE patches on top
- Christoffer to post an updated version of the cleanups
- Marc to provide an updated version of the irq forwarding patches on
top of the cleanups for Eric to have a play
- Eric to investigate Paul Mackerras' "no routing" patches
- Eric to find out if userspace API change is really required to
introduce irq forwarding in VFIO

If I've missed anything, please correct me by replying directly to the
thread.

Thanks,

	M.