Re: Quick Q on KVM-ARM support for A15

On 24/04/14 23:43, Adhyas Avasthi wrote:
> This list does not seem to get too much traffic anymore. Still if
> someone is listening, can you please help me get answers to the
> following questions ?

385 emails this month so far doesn't look to bad. I suggest you look in
the archives to find out what you've missed.

> -> I finished reading the ASPLOS 2014 paper on KVM on ARM. The design
> primarily talks about a single CPU/core machine. Can someone describe
> the transitions (what states are saved, how it works) in the case of
> multi-core hosts and guests ?

Why would you expect the context to be different?

> -> Does KVM on ARM with qemu support directed PCI passthrough or plan
> to support it in near future ? If yes, what is the equivalent of
> iommu to control dma and irq redirections ?

Work in progress. The SMMU is what we use for device isolation, DMA
mapping. As for IRQ remapping, there isn't much to do there, as we only
inject virtual interrupts so far (GICv4 will change this, though A15
won't support it).

	M.