Re: KVM-ARM64 can use VNC on it?

On 8 September 2013 16:27, chenq <chenq_09@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Is it possible to run VNC  on KVM-ARM64 so that i can see the guest's video
> using vnc viewer?  I've made some attempts have been unsuccessful.

Nothing about VNC is host platform specific or KVM specific.
It should work exactly as well as it does on x86.

> I found vnc viewer can connect to vnc server which in qemu.The qemu can read
> mouse movement data from vnc viewer.But vnc viewer is black state presented.
> It can not capture the guest of the output data.

I suspect VNC is correctly sending you a black screen because the
guest isn't using the graphics output and so it's all black pixels.

I think Linux is for some reason not correctly detecting the PL111
graphics device in our vexpress-a15 model (it works OK in other
models); I haven't actually investigated this yet because graphics output
hasn't been a very high priority for us.

> Somebody say the qemu needs graphics device for guest, is this really?

Depends what you mean. If you want graphics output you need a
graphics device. If you're happy with just console (text) then serial
console sent to QEMU's stdin/stdout works fine.

-- PMM