Re: vexpress hdlcd driver: error: kvm run failed function not implemented

On 7 August 2013 17:51, Peter Maydell <peter.maydell@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On 7 August 2013 15:20, Alexander Spyridakis
> <a.spyridakis@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> For me guests with rtsm_ve-cortex_a15x1.dtb or vexpress-v2f-2xv6-ca15x2.dtb
>> work normally on 3.10 host kernels.
>
> That -v2f- dtb is a new one on me, but the rtsm- one is definitely
> wrong, because QEMU (attempts to) emulate the VE hardware, not the
> odd variant of it the RTSM has. (the most notable difference is
> the ethernet controller.)

If one is using virtio net, they don't notice that...

>> I thought that vexpress-v2p-ca15-tc1.dtb was not meant to be used for a
>> guest and that it can actually cause problems.

> It's the one I usually use in my tests... If there's a good reason
> why we shouldn't be using it I'd be interested to know.

Probably the main reason why people end up trying the rtsm dtb is that
it isn't well documented what dtb file matches to which -M option in
qemu-kvm.

Also now some documents (like the chromebook kvm one) tell people to
use the rtsm dtb...

Riku