Re: Guest breakage with 3.9-rc2

Hi Alex,

I've been away from my box for a bit, so sorry for the delay.

On Thu, Mar 14, 2013 at 12:13:52PM +0000, Alexander Graf wrote:
> > Does anyone have an idea how to debug this? Will mentioned TLB breakage that he had a branch for, so I'm going to try his branch next as guest kernel.
>
> Ok, so Will's branch is based on 3.8, which means I don't have mach_virt or Arndale support in there. Merging that branch into 3.9 myself would probably introduce more breakage than it fixes :).
>
> So Will, could you please take that branch up to 3.9? I'll give it a try then :).

Sure, I'll bring things up to speed tomorrow. In the meantime, the fact that
disabling ASLR makes your problem disappear *is* indicative of TLB problems,
it means that when you end up accessing the wrong address space the page
you're after happens to be mapped (with ASLR, you're more likely to fault).

You might want to check how much you've miscompiled :)

Will