Re: VirtIO vs Emulation Netperf benchmark results

On 10 October 2012 20:52, Christoffer Dall <c.dall@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Wed, Oct 10, 2012 at 2:50 PM, Alexander Graf <agraf@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> Why is this expected? This performance drop is quite terrifying.

I think he means expected as in, we already know we have this
terrifying problem. I'm looking into this right now, and I believe
Marc is also on this.

-Christoffer

Yes, it is been known for some time that both emulation options (lan9118, MMC), are so slow that prohibit any real or demonstration use case. Up to now, the only ugly (but quite fast) alternative, was to load the whole guest into RAM and boot through an initrd.