Re: Illegal instruction on wget()

> Date: Tue, 11 Sep 2012 14:47:13 +0100
> Subject: Re:  Illegal instruction on wget()
> From: peter.maydell@xxxxxxxxxx
> To: jessica.allison.2012@xxxxxxxxxxx
> CC: kvmarm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
>
> On 11 September 2012 14:29, Jessica Allison
> <jessica.allison.2012@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > This is Linux running under the FastModel and the process which is
> > aborted is wget(), if I understand things correctly. The wget()
> > download does not succeed. I don't understand why it fails though
> > with this Illegal instruction error and I'm not sure how to trace
> > it back. Maybe run the process under a debugger like gdb?
>
> Yes, run wget under gdb, and look at the disassembly at the point
> where it falls over.

Just running gdb also results in an Illegal instruction error. It never fully starts up. Could this be a broken underlying OS library or something like this? I seem to get Illegal instruction errors quite randomly when running all sorts of applications. Sometimes the wget() actually succeeds, but I haven't yet found a pattern for when it works and when it doesn't. I have created the filesystem using qemu-debootstrap. Actually as explained here: https://wiki.linaro.org/PeterMaydell/KVM/HowTo/KVMHostSetup.

Jess