Re: Illegal instruction on wget()

> Date: Tue, 11 Sep 2012 14:26:36 +0100
> Subject: Re:  Illegal instruction on wget()
> From: peter.maydell@xxxxxxxxxx
> To: jessica.allison.2012@xxxxxxxxxxx
> CC: kvmarm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
>
> On 11 September 2012 14:21, Jessica Allison
> <jessica.allison.2012@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > # wget http://172.3.52.27/index.html
> > --1970-01-01 00:28:36-- http://172.3.52.27/index.html
> > Connecting to 172.3.52.27:80... connected.
> > Illegal instruction
>
> So what are you running this wget on? The Linux running under
> the fast model, or the host x86 Linux? "Illegal instruction"
> generally means some process got a SIGILL. Assuming you're
> running all these things in different terminals it should be
> obvious which process it was.

This is Linux running under the FastModel and the process which is aborted is wget(), if I understand things correctly. The wget() download does not succeed. I don't understand why it fails though with this Illegal instruction error and I'm not sure how to trace it back. Maybe run the process under a debugger like gdb?

Jess