Re: KVM/ARM status and branches

On 10 September 2012 05:04, Christoffer Dall
<c.dall@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> We have a new branch, which will never be rebased and should always be
> bisectable and mergable. It's kvm-arm-master and can be found here:
>
> git://github.com/virtualopensystems/linux-kvm-arm.git kvm-arm-master
>
> (or pointy-clicky web interface:)
> https://github.com/virtualopensystems/linux-kvm-arm
>
> This branch merges 3.6-rc5
>
> The branch also merges all Marc Zyngier's timer, vgic and hyp-mode
> boot branches.
>
> It is also merged with the IRQ injection API changes (touched
> KVM_IRQ_LINE) as there hasn't been any other comments on this. This
> requires qemu patches

I've put together a set of more-or-less ready-to-upstream QEMU
patches that go with this kernel (mostly just folding in your
API change patches, minor cleanup and based on upstream master
rather than qemu-linaro):

 git://git.linaro.org/people/pmaydell/qemu-arm.git kvm-arm

(warning, this branch rebases)

Tested and seems to work OK. NB that this QEMU will insist that
you use the in-kernel VGIC for an A15 guest. You might find
you need to update your host kernel device tree blob if it
doesn't have the relevant GIC info in it.

Patches to switch to the GET_ONE/SET_ONE API are next up
(I'll put them in a different branch for now), then the
support for the VFP save/load that Rusty's working on.

I still want to drive the save/load of cp15 automatically
based on what the kernel supports, but will be doing a
simple conversion first so we have something that works
with the kernel patches as they go upstream.

thanks
-- PMM