[Android-virt] MMIO emulation

On 01.07.2012, at 01:17, Christoffer Dall wrote:

> I'm writing test code for the Thumb/ARM load-store decoding and MMIO
> code, which led me to a couple of thoughts questions:
>
> First, Are all memory access instructions valid for MMIO access,
> including load/store multiple, SIMD instructions, etc.?

Usually yes, not sure about ARM though.

> Second, ls-mutliple instructions are valid, how should we send that
> info to QEMU? Currently, there is only 8 bytes available in the mmio
> struct. I don't know how we can deal with this for
> backward-compatiblity etc. Thoughts?

One at a time? :) For string functions, just have an internal counter that increments. After all, these instructions tend to make the current state guest visible anyways, so you can reuse the same registers.

For instructions that modify > 8 bytes in a single instruction execution, I think Avi recently implemented some bits on x86. Not sure how he did it though.

Alex