[Android-virt] Corrupt kernel loading with SEMIHOSTING?

On Mon, 20 Feb 2012 08:24:08 +0000, Peter Maydell <peter.maydell at linaro.org> wrote:
> On 20 February 2012 06:27, Rusty Russell <rusty at rustcorp.com.au> wrote:
> > Hi Peter,
> >
> > ? ? ? ?I've spent a fun few hours, where booting under the
> > modeldebugger works fine, but the isim_system fails uncompressing the
> > kernel. ?I assumed I'd broken something in boot_wrapper and hyp mode,
> > but reverting that gave the same thing.
>
> By 'works under model debugger' do you mean:
>  * works if all single stepped
>  * works if you just hit run
>  * works when model debugger is debugging the isim_system
>  * works only if model debugger is debugging a DLL model

As expected, PEBCAK.  Just realized I'd built isim_system with
Build_Cortex-A15x2/RTSM_VE_Cortex-A15x2.sgproj: it's an SMP vs UP issue.

Now I can reproduce this under the debugger, I should be able to figure
out what's happening.

Indeed, the vector table for hvc is overwritten by the ATAG generation,
so the second CPU jumps into crap.  I've pushed fix to github.

Thanks for the clue donation!
Rusty.