Re: First cut of generalized test code.

On Mon, 30 Jul 2012 22:39:10 +0200, Christoffer Dall <c.dall@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Mon, Jul 30, 2012 at 2:51 PM, Rusty Russell <rusty.russell@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > Hi Christoffer!
> >
> >         I've been hacking on your mmio test code, still ongoing, but
> > here's a glance of what I have.  I'm working on some tests for
> > Antonios's VFP stuff at the moment.
> >
> >         https://git.kernel.org/?p=linux/kernel/git/rusty/linux-kvm-arm.git;a=shortlog;h=refs/heads/test-code
>
> looks good, we can talk some time about how to unify this (or not)
> with the mmio test code (and other test cases), but for now let's just
> hack and see where it takes us.

Your early mmio test code is in there (though, of course, fails on the
load multiple test for this kernel); the vfp test is really trivial, and
I have an incomplete cp15 test which I haven't posted yet.

It's actually really nice to have it in the kernel tree, and very easy
to target specific bugs.  Plus, I'm looking forward to the fun of
submitting GPLv3 code into the linux kernel tree! :)

> > BTW, what's the status of mmio decode, particularly thumb?
> >
> I wrote a good part of it a while ago, and I've been meaning to finish
> it up before the next patch series... on my todo list.

Cool; it's one thing which stops us booting a vanilla Ubuntu kernel.  As
long as we have enough support to do that, I'm happy.

Cheers,
Rusty.