Status

Hi there.

Additional help is always welcome. I am actually composing a status report
as we speak and will probably make it available soon. Also, I want to send
something out to the KVM list and will do so soon as well. Especially since
the code base matured somewhat lately.

I am still stuck on calibrate_delay() in the init process, but have tracked
it down to being caused by QEMU not enabling timers. I have a suspicion that
I'm forgetting an endianness conversion somewhere, but anyway hope to figure
it out this week.

There's also a pending review for keeping cached shadow page tables around
from Michael, and he's working on protecting the guest page tables as well.

For now, you wouldn't need hardware - we're using the Android emulator for
now. I compiled some instructions on how to setup the development
environment some time ago, and I believe Michael has a version with a few
corrections. I'll make sure it gets posted to http://android.chazy.dk soon
and I'll think about what needs to be done otherwise. Later on for sure,
there's going to be optimization work and support for newer ISA's (we're
targeting ARMv5 for simplicity as of now).

What would you be interested in doing / feel that you have great powers
over? :)

Best,
Christoffer