NASA's Ares I-X Launch Rescheduled for Wednesday

Oct. 27, 2009

Amber Philman
Kennedy Space Center, Fla.
321-867-2468
amber.n.philman@nasa.gov

Grey Hautaluoma/Ashley Edwards
Headquarters, Washington
202-358-0668/1756
grey.hautaluoma-1@nasa.gov, ashley.edwards-1@nasa.gov

RELEASE: 09-251

NASA'S ARES I-X LAUNCH RESCHEDULED FOR WEDNESDAY

CAPE CANAVERAL, Fla. - NASA mission managers canceled Tuesday's
scheduled launch of the Ares I-X flight test because of weather
concerns at the Kennedy Space Center in Florida. Another launch
attempt is targeted for Wednesday. A four-hour launch window opens at
8 a.m. EDT.

The launch was delayed for 24 hours because of winds at the launch pad
that exceeded the 20-knot limit and concerns about clouds with
moisture that could have caused static build-up on the rocket and led
to communication issues. Forecasters predict a 60 percent chance of
favorable weather Wednesday.

The Ares I-X is part of a larger flight test program that will provide
data for future launch vehicles and give NASA an opportunity to test
and prove hardware, facilities and ground operations.

For information about Ares I-X, visit:

http://www.nasa.gov/aresIX

To follow the Ares I-X flight test on Twitter, visit:

http://www.twitter.com/NASA_Ares_I_X

For information about NASA and agency programs, visit:

http://www.nasa.gov

-end-

ksc-subscribe@newsletters.nasa.gov