KSC Deputy Director Visits Sanford School to Share Vision With Youth

11.03.05

Amber Philman
Kennedy Space Center, Fla.
(Phone: 321/867-2468)

RELEASE: 97-05

KSC DEPUTY DIRECTOR VISITS SANFORD SCHOOL TO SHARE VISION WITH YOUTH

NASA's Kennedy Space Center Deputy Director Dr. Woodrow Whitlow Jr.
will visit Goldsboro Elementary Magnet School, a NASA Explorer School
in Sanford, Fla., on Friday, Nov. 4 to share the Vision for Space
Exploration with the next generation of explorers. The presentation
will begin at 9:30 a.m. at the school, located at 1300 W. 20th
Street. Goldsboro was selected as a NASA Explorer School in May.

"Right now, tomorrow's space explorers are seated in America's
classrooms, asking questions, solving problems and conducting
experiments," Whitlow said. "As NASA carries out the Vision for Space
Exploration, we remain committed to working closely with our schools,
fostering learning environments that will inspire these future space
travelers."

Whitlow also will talk with students about our destiny as explorers;
NASA's steppingstone approach to exploring Earth, the Moon, Mars and
beyond; the ways space impacts our lives; and how people and machines
rely on each other in space.

For media interested in arranging interviews with Whitlow in
conjunction with his visit to the school, please contact Amber
Philman at 321/867-2468 or 321/431-4970.

The NASA Explorer Schools Program provides educators, students and
families with classroom resources and innovative technology based on
NASA's unique research, discoveries and missions. During the
three-year partnership, NASA assists schools in addressing needs in
science, technology, engineering and mathematics.

For information about the NASA Explorer Schools Program on the
Internet, visit:

http://explorerschools.nasa.gov

-end-

ksc-subscribe@newsletters.nasa.gov