RE: Makedumpfile help for 5.4.0.rc3 : Arm

Hi Bhupesh,

OK, thanks for letting me know that in your holidays. Have good ones.
I just thought that it might be good to share our understanding before
posting a kernel patch so that I can do something to support you if
need be.

Hi John,

You see that error with my test patch, which is only for testing though,
as I wrote below

> > And wrote a very draft patch, which works on a 5.4-rc4 kernel that
> > I modified to have NUMBER(vabits_actual) and NUMBER(MAX_PHYSMEM_BITS),

that patch requires a kernel fix to have these in vmcoreinfo.
Did you try it?

Thanks,
Kazu