Re: How do I get lost windows back?

On Wed, 2024-02-21 at 13:20 +0100, René J.V. Bertin wrote:
> [...]
> Anyway, I hope the OP didn't somehow get his window unmapped because
> that might mean it disappeared from the panel too.

Unmapped?

It somehow showed up when pressing Alt+Tab in the list that displays,
and I had to configure two keybard shutcuts, one to set the mouse to
the focused window and another one to move a window, to finally get it
back.  That way, I was able to move the window back onto the display
by first focusing it through Alt+Tab, setting the pointer to it and
then moving it.

We really shouldn't need to do anything like that.

Of course, I didn't move it off the display area in the first place.
That's probably not even possible since I can not move the mouse
pointer off the display area so that I could move a window into the
nirvana (or whatever there is) that's around the display area.