Use Plasma panels with other Wayland compositors?

Hello everyone,

I would like to use Plasma panels and widgets with some other compositor like
Hyprland, and I want to know if this is possible, either right now or at least
at some point in the future.

To provide some context, currently I am on X11 using Plasma for my desktop
with BSPWM as my window manager. I have a shoulder impingement which makes it
painful to switch between keyboard and mouse frequently, so my ideal desktop
is one that can be controlled as much as possible using either the keyboard
*or* the mouse. It is not about keyboard VS mouse, I can use bothe devices
just fine, it's about frequent switching.

The combo of Plasma and a tiling window manager meets my requirements
perfectly because Plasma is very mouse-friendly, and BSPWM is very keyboard-
havy. They complement each other perfectly. Unfortunately with the slow
eventual death of X11 I will have to migrate to something else eventually and
I would rather make plans now while I still have time.

My setup consists of two panels: one at the top containing an application
menu, global menu, desktop pager, system tray and digital clock. The other
panel is to the side, it contains an application dashboard, icons-only task
manager, folder views and a waste bin.

I don't know much about Wayland beyond the surface-level information. Someone
told me about the "layer shell" protocol which would allow panels to be used
acros compositors, but I don't know if this applies to Plasma panels.

Is what i want possible, and if not will it be possible in the future?
Hyprland has a plugin system, so if things like the global menu rely on
extension to the Wayland protocol these could probably be implemented as a
plugin in Hyprland. Of course I don't expect answers on how to integrate with
the Hyprland side, I just want to know whether it is possible on the Plasma
side. I can try to connect the wires myself once they are exposed.