login trouble after cloning ssd

I have a Dell Optiplex 7010 with 32GB RAM and kubuntu 22.04 installed on it.  I used clonezilla to make a copy of a 240 GB SSD onto a 1TB SSD. When I tried to boot from the copy, I got to the gui login screen.  I gave it my password and pressed enter. Nothing happened.  I tried ctrl alt f2 to get to the console and was able to log in there.  I went back to the gui, but the screen was black with a mouse pointer which moved with the mouse.  I pressed ctrl alt backspace which took me back to the login screen.  I gave it my password and the gui screen stopped.  Like the first time, the mouse pointer moved as I moved the mouse.

Does anyone have any idea what's going on?

Thanks

Jim