[bug] Additional (seperate) icon created when launching script-based desktop entry in icons only task manager

I've a shell script xterm.sh that wraps xterm that looks like:

#!/bin/sh
xterm -xrm ... "$@"

I created a desktop entry for it:

[Desktop Entry]
Exec=/home/foo/.local/share/bin/xterm
Name=xterm.sh
NoDisplay=false
Path=
StartupNotify=true
Terminal=false
TerminalOptions=
Type=Application
X-KDE-SubstituteUID=false
X-KDE-Username=

I pinned the desktop entry to icons only task manager. Now when I
click to launch the pinned icon, a seperate XTerm icon will show up.
If I middle click to open this 2nd icon, it launches a xterm window
without running my wrapper script.

This is on kde5-5.27.5_1 (Voidlinux), Icons-only task manager version 3.0.

I have another Kubuntu system with kde 5.24.7, which has the *DESIRED*
behavior, where I click the desktop entry for xterm.sh script, it
won't open a seperate XTerm icon.

I feel like there is something wrong with detecting the subprocess
forked by the `Exec` command of the desktop entry.