Re: Plasma freezes after login

On Tuesday September 12 2023 17:12:14 Michael Eager wrote:

>CTRL-ALT-F1 displays the grub splash screen.  I can get a virtual

That seems odd, to keep that running after the initial boot step!

>console with CTRL-ALT-F3.  Oddly enough, I can log in on this virtual
>console, run startx, and get a plasma screen.

So your initial, frozen session is at console #2? What happens if you switch back to it? I didn't mention that in my previous mail, but that's what the "salvation" process is: switch to another virtual console and then back again.

Is your 2nd plasma session fully operational as you'd expect?

>/var/log/syslog no longer exists.

That's odd too, but there must be a successor.

Maybe looking at the timestamps of the *rc and *.ini files in ~/.config refreshes your memory of those last changes you made!