Plasma freezes after login

Running Fedora 37/KDE/X11, latest update (5.27.6-2).

When I log in to my regular user account, I see the plasma startup screen and the rotating gear on a black screen. After several seconds (longer than usual), a cursor is displayed and the gear stops rotating, but the screen remains blank and is unresponsive. All I can do is power off. When I log into a bare-bones account, after about 2 seconds the black screen is replaced by the wallpaper and everything looks OK.

I have journalctl logs from the failing login and successful login, but I can’t see any errors or tell what the differences are. Are plasma errors logged somewhere else?

I had this problem last week and recreated my login account from scratch and configured it as I had before, with virtual windows, display setting, etc. I was able to log into the newly created account without problem. It appears that I made some additional configuration change which has triggered this behavior, but I don’t know what it might be.

http://eagerm.com/files/bad-kde – Failing login
http://eagerm.com/files/good-kde – Successful login

--
Michael Eager    eager@xxxxxxxxxx