Re: tyran.kde.org

On Monday July 10 2023 14:24:46 Bernd Nachtigall wrote:

>I found this in the log of the firewall.
>The FW lets only permitted connections pass.
>I check the log to see what connections are needed. In this case I do
>not know what it does, so I ask ...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Simple_Network_Paging_Protocol

For outgoing connections the most likely explanation is that something on your system is configured to send out a pager message, presumably in reaction to some urgent situation. That seems like a valid use case if not a bit surprising because who still uses pagers nowadays...

Besides:

#> telnet tyran.kde.org 444
Trying 85.10.198.55...
Trying 2a01:4f8:a0:600e::5...