Re: encode problem of kmail for Japanese Mail

Hello,

In the Message;

  Subject    : Re: encode problem of kmail for Japanese Mail
  Date & Time: Wed, 02 Nov 2022 10:03:29 +0100

[RJVB] == René J.V. Bertin <rjvbertin@xxxxxxxxx> has written:

RJVB>  On Wednesday November 02 2022 16:09:46 Masaru Nomiya wrote:

RJVB>  >MN> There exits a bug in kmail, I think.
RJVB>  >
RJVB>  >I checked again and the problem is only with UTF-8 encoded emails, not
RJVB>  >with Shift_JIS encoded e-mails.
RJVB>  >There was a problem with the Shift_JIS email used for the check, but
RJVB>  >the cause is still unknown.
RJVB>  >
RJVB>  >Anyway, I think the cause of the garbled characters is that Japanese
RJVB>  >UTF-8 encoded e-mails are decoded in ISO-8859-1 (or ISO-Latin-1).

RJVB>  You've done a reasonable amount of triaging so you should
RJVB>  probably report this directly on BKO (bugs.kde.org). There are
RJVB>  also mailinglists specific to KDEPIM where this is much more
RJVB>  likely to be seen by someone of the dev team.

Thank you for your advice.
I found a mailing list called kdepim-bugs and posted repot there.

Regards.

---
┏━━┓彡  野宮  賢                    mail-to: nomiya @ galaxy.dti.ne.jp
┃\/彡
┗━━┛  "Tim Cook, the C.E.O. of Apple, said earlier this year that he would
	   not let his nephew join social networks.
	   Bill Gates banned cellphone until his children were teenagers, and
	   Melinda Gates wrote that she wished they had waited even longer.
	   Steve Jobs would not let his young children near iPads."
                                                      -- The New York Times --