Re: Chrome interferes with KDE

On Tuesday October 04 2022 15:00:28 Jerome wrote:

>> After 70 days of uptime, Chrome (prior and latest version) is interfering

>Closing enough things (like KWrite windows) to get Xorg to 255 or less clears
>the problem while I wait for a good time to log out/in again.

Have you tried restarting Chrome (and a tab unloader like The Marvellous Suspender, if you keep as many tabs open as I think you must do)?

This must be about open files (and AFAIK sockets count to that number) and it wouldn't surprise me at all that something as complex as Chrome doesn't release all its connections to the X server perfectly as soon as they're no longer needed.

R.