Re: A way to disable the long-left mouse click shortcut to enter "Edit Mode" / modifying widgets?

On Tuesday August 16 2022 14:12:29 Koeame wrote:

>May as well try to do this, and it's going slow for me considering I'm
>doing other things, but I'm getting through it. Thank you for all your help
>into seeing this btw I really appreciate it.

You're welcome. This is the sort of thing that could drive me crazy too

If going to another DE solves the issue for you, please do consider filing a bug report against plasma-desktop (if there isn't one already). The devs should know that their immature feature drives people away from the Plasma desktop and that they could at least implement a very basic way to disable or configure it (meaning editing a configuration file by hand, if writing a proper GUI is not feasible for now).

I forgot to mention: in order to make KDE apps look and behave as much as possible as if they were running on a Plasma desktop session you will probably have to set 2 environment variables at the desktop shell level (in the "global" section of your ~/.bashrc should be fine):
KDE_FULL_SESSION=true
KDE_SESSION_VERSION=5

If you also chose to use KWin and Dolphin instead of the default window manager and file explorer apps for that DE you will hardly notice the difference except in the look & feel of the panels, desktop icons etc.

R.