Re: A way to disable the long-left mouse click shortcut to enter "Edit Mode" / modifying widgets?

Does a right-click activate edit mode directly or via a context menu?
It's just a context menu, my apologies, I should have clarified.

Long-click is the traditional way to bring up the context menu in touch interfaces; it would not surprise me if the tablet handles this autonomously.
 It's not a touchpad for human fingers, it's just a projector tablet that can only sense the pen that comes with it. No touching involved. The pen's function behaves like a normal left-mouse click for any pressing I do on it unless I press the other buttons in the pen (which don't really do anything, I'd have to keybind it 😅).

Pen click: you mean like clicking the mouse cursor on an object to "grab" it? The touch interfaces I am familiar with use a double tap for that.
No.

Alternatively: does the unwanted event still occurs if you move the pen a tiny bit before 1s has elapsed?
Yes, but it sometimes also doesn't do that, too, so good point. I'd like to make dots and do it perfectly still on drawing programs like Krita and most of the time it would trigger the functionality.

Finally: I see there are Linux drivers for at least some models. Did you install those?! According to the manual I looked at there are many things that can be configured via the driver software. Maybe there is also something like a bios (firmware) settings screen you can call up when booting the tablet? It might be possible there to increase the required long-click duration, or even deactivate the feature altogether.
I did. For my current distro I used the .rpm (OpenSUSE) version of the file, because XP-PEN does provide different compressed packages (.deb, .tar.gz, and .rpm). The drivers work like a charm and I had no problems with it.

If you find no suitable solution you can always write to the company (service@xxxxxxxxxx); I'm guessing you paid enough for this device. Long ago I was interested in a non-standard application of a graphics tablet with pen pressure and tilt detection, to be used from an SGI workstation. I got into contact with a product manager, who was eager and interested to help me write my own driver.
I'll talk to them if I've found no luck so far.