Re: A way to disable the long-left mouse click shortcut to enter "Edit Mode" / modifying widgets?

On Saturday August 13 2022 23:44:11 Koeame wrote:
>Hi, I've been trying to find a way to disable this feature for about a year
>now, and to no avail. I have a XP-PEN projector tablet, counted as a second
>monitor, and when I press and hold my pen for no more than a second, I
>trigger the "Edit Mode" functionality. This has been an annoying problem

NB: this is something for which you may have to ask on the calligra or krita (devel) MLs.

Is long-press the normal trigger for edit mode or if not, what is? Some mouse/trackpad drivers (which can be in firmware) have hardcoded gestures which you cannot modify. I had a tablet PC where the trackpad has hide or shade window(s) coupled to a 2-finger gesture I'm used to making for other things. On Linux I was able to avoid that by using xev to determine what events were being generated. I don't remember exactly how I used that info to solve the issue; either via xmodmap or via KDE's global shortcut mechanism. In your case synclient may also offer a solution, or whatever equivalent exists for the touchscreen driver.

R.