Re: how to alter the keyboard layout?

On Sun, 2022-02-27 at 08:42 +0000, Duncan wrote:
> hw posted on Sat, 26 Feb 2022 15:58:22 +0100 as excerpted:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > how do I alter the keyboard layout for plasma on wayland sessions?
> >
> > I need to put Alt on the left menu key, a dot on the Delete key on the
> > number pad (instead of a comma) and a slash on the '+' key (wich is
> > right to the 'ü' key)?  I used to do that with an xmodmap,
> > but of course that doesn't work anymore with wayland.
> >
> > There must be files somewhere that define all the various keyboard
> > layouts you can pick from, but where are they?  That kind of information
> > must not be hidden from the users and should be shown in the settings
>
> Some of that can be configured in plasma's systemsettings, hardware, input
> devices, keyboard, advanced.  (That's where it is on live-git plasma,
> anyway, specific path may differ on old plasma.)

So how do I make the changes I described through that?  It doesn't seem
possible at all.

> There's an expander for alt and win key behavior, and another for numeric
> keypad delete behavior.  I expect they'll do what you need.

Like I said, I need an Alt key on the right side of the keyboard (space bar).
There is nothing in the keyboard settings that would allow me to alter the
keyboard layout except for pre-defined stuff which doesn't work for this and
which I don't have access to because there is no way to know where this is
defined.  Maybe it's hardcoded?