Re: Best icons collection?

>Then I go to install new icon packs and there are TONS of them. Not all
>complete.
>
>Can anyone recommend a well-rounded icon package that matches the look of the
>icons that come with all my apps?

As you noticed, most icon themes are not complete - in my eyes that's more likely to be true for the themes I find more appealing. But themes can fall back on others to provide the missing icons, something you can tweak yourself too. This works ... mostly.

Personally I use a grayscale colour palette based on the "graphite" look of Mac OS X with the Ciment icon theme by Laurent Baumann.
I've set that theme to inherit the "osx", "oxygen" and "hicolor" icon themes; the "osx" theme itself inherits "oxygen", "gnome" and "hicolor".

The "oxygen" theme is very complete but does look a bit cheesy nowadays but at least it's not overly simplified and fashionably flat like Breeze.

Be aware though that you'll need to trash your ~/.cache/icon-cache.kcache regularly because (AFAIU) some app will have seen fit to force the use of icons from Breeze. Seems to happen mostly with icons shown in file navigator/selection widgets.