Re: Years later, kmail still is not a viable email client?

First of, i can't understand why you perceive akonadi to be a monster while on
my machine plasmashell uses far more memory then all of the akonadi + mysql
combined (more then the firefox at the moment actually). Secondly, backseat
developers don't get anything done. PIM (contrary to what you said) is not a
simple task and the main reason why akonadi exists is because the original KDE
PIM codebase became unwieldy.

Anyway, I can't understand why one would insist on running KDE on a obsolete
machine while there are "lightweight" alternatives like mentioned trinity
(btw: KDE 3.5 was considered to be a resource hog back in the day) or XFCE
(which is actually a better option then a trinity). They also run on linux.
This is end of topic for me.