Re: Unable to resize some Gtk applications

On 16/03/18 10:16, Kevin Krammer wrote:
On Freitag, 16. März 2018 03:00:26 CET Nikos Chantziaras wrote:
I am unable to resize windows of some Gtk (or Gnome) applications.
Nothing happens when I place the mouse on the edge of window. No resize
cursor.

Can you resize with ALT+Right Mouse Button Drag?

Thanks! That works.

The windows where this happens do not seem to have standard window
decorations. They do have min/max/close buttons, but that's it. I
believe this has something to do with "client-side decorations."

Does maximizing work?

Yes.

How do I fix this?

There might be a way to tell the application to not ask for client side
decorations or for KWin to overrule it.

I found this:

  https://github.com/PCMan/gtk3-nocsd

Have yet to try it.

In any event, the client side decorations on their own would be fine with me, if I could still resize the windows. How is this supposed to work anyway? Does Gnome do something special to allow resizing?