Screen flicker with multiple screen set-up

I've been experiencing a screen flicker on one of my monitors when running a setup of three external monitors after exiting the "Screen Energy Saving" mode from no activity.

The following is what I am running:
  • Kubuntu 16.04
  • KDE Plasma 5.6.5
  • KDE Frameworks 5.23.0
  • Qt Version 5.5.1
  • Kernel: 4.4.0-31
  • Dell Latitude E7450
  • Intel HD 4000 Integrated graphics chipset
  • Three external monitors:
    • 2 x DVI
    • 1 x VGA
I've tried:
  • Switching amongst all three compositors (OpenGL 3.1, OpenGL 2.0, XRender)
  • Upgraded kernel to 4.6.x
  • export KWIN_TRIPLE_BUFFER=1
Has anyone else encountered this and any suggestions on how to fix this ?

- F.0.