Re: Change background

Kevin Krammer posted on Thu, 07 Jul 2016 13:08:56 +0200 as excerpted:

> On Thursday, 2016-07-07, 10:43:54, Christoph Pleger wrote:

>> > Yes, but there's actually three places to change the two different
>> > elements, depending on exactly what you want to change.  All three
>> > are in kde system settings.
>>
>> Thank you very much, I managed to make the desired changes.
>>
>> Is it also possible to change the settings for all users at once?
>
> If you find the files that were changed you should be able to replicate
> that in the respective file in a more systemwide location.

Yes.  Kde5 looks in a number of places for its settings, including both
user and system locations.  The user locations are probably going to be
in $XDG_CONFIG_HOME, which (from memory, mine is customized and I don't
want to look it up ATM) defaults to ~/.config/share/.  The system
location(s) normally default to XDG_CONFIG_SYSTEM (again, from memory,
something close tho), which in turn defaults to /usr/share/.

Some distros change these defaults, however.

See the freedesktop.org common desktop specifications for more.