Re: Mapping physical screens to KDE containments

Duncan composed on 2016-04-15 03:58 (UTC):

Nick Coghlan posted on Fri, 15 Apr 2016 11:59:16 +1000 as excerpted:

P.S. I know the underlying multiple monitor support in X11 is pretty
terrible, so it wouldn't shock me to learn that this won't be 100%
reliable until after Wayland is usable as the default display server :)
It's only plasma and krunner that continue to get things so spectacularly
wrong.

Why I don't know, but it can't be blamed on xorg when only plasma and
krunner have the problem, everything else works as expected.

Never having configured either a triple display setup, or multi with LVDS, I can only speculate that blocking kscreen control of display configuration could work as well as it does here with only two and no hotplugging. Put the following in ~/.config/kded5rc:

	[Module-kscreen]
	autoload=false

Configuration entirely via xorg.conf, or alternatively, via xrandr in a startup script, is prerequisite to this working as desired.

Felix Miata  ***  http://fm.no-ip.com/