Re: Shortcuts stop working, application windows aren't showing anymore and the systray seems to freeze

On 25/01/16 18:44, Kevin Krammer wrote:
On Monday, 2016-01-25, 18:08:58, Nikos Chantziaras wrote:
On 25/01/16 17:36, Kevin Krammer wrote:
There's other weird issues as well when the desktop gets into the broken
state. Clicking on links for example takes ages to open them in the
browser. For example, if I click a URL in, say, Thunderbird, 5 times,
nothing happens. Then, about 50 seconds later, they all open at once and
5 new tabs appear in the browser. This doesn't happen prior to the
desktop glitching up.

Hmm. Is the URL handler configured in Thunderbird or does it delegate to
KDE's file associations?

I've set it to use xdg-open, which in turn obeys KDE's browser
preference. Every program behaves like that though. Thunderbird was just
an example.

Right, just checking that this goes through KDE factilities and the problem is
not more low level.

No idea though, sorry.

I just found a way to reproduce the problem. All I need to do is use "KDE daemon" shortcuts. Like Ctrl+Alt+K to switch keyboard layout. If I use the shortcut repeatedly, after about 10 to 20 times, the bug triggers.

Since I don't use shortcuts all the time, it could take over an hour to trigger this normally. If I spam the shortcuts, the bug triggers right away.