Re: KDE plasma second monitor issues after latest update

Sorry if this is a duplicate - email issues...

I applied the latest updates today, second monitor capability is still broken;

I plug in the HDMI cable, go to system settings --> Display and it only show the laptop screen.

The Cinnamon desktop continues to work flawlessly per auto-adding the second monitor as soon as I plug the HDMI cable in, thus seemingly confirming it's a KDE issue and not a Kernel issue. I do prefer KDE Plasma over Cinnamon, but I need the second monitor to work. Anyone have any thoughts on debugging this?

Lenovo X1 Carbon 3rd gen, lspci listing below, thanks in advance

$ lspci
00:00.0 Host bridge: Intel Corporation Broadwell-U Host Bridge -OPI (rev 09) 00:02.0 VGA compatible controller: Intel Corporation Broadwell-U Integrated Graphics (rev 09) 00:03.0 Audio device: Intel Corporation Broadwell-U Audio Controller (rev 09) 00:14.0 USB controller: Intel Corporation Wildcat Point-LP USB xHCI Controller (rev 03) 00:16.0 Communication controller: Intel Corporation Wildcat Point-LP MEI Controller #1 (rev 03) 00:19.0 Ethernet controller: Intel Corporation Ethernet Connection (3) I218-LM (rev 03) 00:1b.0 Audio device: Intel Corporation Wildcat Point-LP High Definition Audio Controller (rev 03) 00:1c.0 PCI bridge: Intel Corporation Wildcat Point-LP PCI Express Root Port #2 (rev e3) 00:1c.1 PCI bridge: Intel Corporation Wildcat Point-LP PCI Express Root Port #3 (rev e3) 00:1c.5 PCI bridge: Intel Corporation Wildcat Point-LP PCI Express Root Port #6 (rev e3) 00:1d.0 USB controller: Intel Corporation Wildcat Point-LP USB EHCI Controller (rev 03) 00:1f.0 ISA bridge: Intel Corporation Wildcat Point-LP LPC Controller (rev 03)
00:1f.3 SMBus: Intel Corporation Wildcat Point-LP SMBus Controller (rev 03)
00:1f.6 Signal processing controller: Intel Corporation Wildcat Point-LP Thermal Management Controller (rev 03)
04:00.0 Network controller: Intel Corporation Wireless 7265 (rev 59)
0a:00.0 SATA controller: Samsung Electronics Co Ltd Device a801 (rev 01)