Re: Plasma 5 as a daily driver?

On 11/09/2015 05:35 PM, Duncan wrote:
Meanwhile, I do in fact control konsole size via kwin window rules here,

Cool.  I've use the window rules to control Gkrellm in the past, so I
figured that this could probably be done.  Now I know *exactly* how to
do it.

Of course, as you somewhat implied, one person's insignificant nitpick is
someone else's absolutely critical feature, as the kde devs found out all
too well in the kde3 -> kde4 upgrade.  Thankfully, they're being less
forceful about dropping support for what actually works in favor of new
but broken stuff, this time around.

Indeed.  Comparing Plasma 5 today to the state of KDE 4 at this point in
its life is revealing.

And thanks to everyone for keeping this thread constructive.  I didn't
want this to be (purely) a rant.  Call it constructive venting.  ;-)